making Happy

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Sun May 18 09:01:51 EDT 2008

People,

please, how can I download  happy-1.14 source ?

I need to install ghc-6.8.2 from source, and this needs Happy
-- right?
I would like to build Happy from source. Its page shows only 1.17.
1.14 was easy to build in a standard way:  ./configue --path=...
                                           make
                                           make install
And in 1.17, I am looking into its unzipped root directory, and do not
see how to make and install.
Generally, it is good to show an easy way to make and install somewhere
in the root, in README ...
Probably, Happy is a wise and remarkable project. But many people need
only to `make' GHC, and do not intend to study right now many documents
and philosophy about Happy and Cabal, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Serge Mechveliani
mechvel at botik.ru