OS X - Haskell to Objective-C Binding on GHC 6.6

Mathew Mills mathewmills at mac.com
Thu Oct 26 16:42:40 EDT 2006

My diff can be found here:

http://mathewmills.com/HOC/cvsdiff.patch

Several of the changes were naive and not required, particularly in
the Samples directories.

IANAHE ( I am not a Haskell expert ), so who knows what I broke...

On Oct 26, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Rodney D Price wrote:

> Mathew,
>
> Would you be willing to send me a cvs diff as well?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rod
>

> On Oct 26, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Mathew Mills wrote:
>
>> I just succeeded in building HOC from CVS HEAD against ghc-6.6 on
>> x86 Mac OS X last night.  I didn't encounter that specific
>> problem, though.  I can send you a cvs diff if that would help.
>>
>> On Oct 26, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Charlie Conklin wrote:
>>
>>> Is anyone out there running OS X and using HOC and GHC 6.6? I
>>> took the latest
>>> from cvs and got some way toward getting it to compile by
>>> changing the code to:
>>>
>>> 1. reflect changes regarding packages, i.e. adding -package-name
>>> to the
>>> pertinent makefiles, and accommodating the changed signature of
>>> Language.Haskell.TH.Syntax mkNameG_v and mkNameG_tc
>>>
>>> 2. replacing the obsolete names used from Data.Set which have
>>> been removed from
>>> GHC 6.6.
>>>
>>> At that point HOC was able to get to the point where it parses
>>> the ObjC headers,
>>> but it then choked on compiling the generated .hs files, some of
>>> which seem to
>>> have invalid constructions like:
>>>
>>> -- enum definitions
>>> $(declareAnonymousCEnum [("NSFileNoSuchFileError", 4),
>>> ("NSFileLockingError",
>>> 255),("NSFileReadUnknownError", 256),("NSFileReadNoPermissionError",
>>> 257),("NSFileReadInvalidFileNameError", 25,
>>> ("NSFileReadCorruptFileError",
>>> 259),("NSFileReadNoSuchFileError",
>>> 260),("NSFileReadInapplicableStringEncodingError",
>>> 261),("NSFileReadUnsupportedSchemeError", 262),
>>> ("NSFileWriteUnknownError",
>>> 512),("NSFileWriteNoPermissionError", 513),
>>> ("NSFileWriteInvalidFileNameError",
>>> 514),("NSFileWriteInapplicableStringEncodingError",
>>> 517),("NSFileWriteUnsupportedSchemeError", 51,
>>> ("NSFileWriteOutOfSpaceError",
>>> 640),("NSKeyValueValidationError", 1024),("NSFormattingError",
>>> 204,("NSUserCancelledError", 3072),("NSFileErrorMinimum",
>>> 0),("NSFileErrorMaximum", 1023),("NSValidationErrorMinimum",
>>> 1024),("NSValidationErrorMaximum", 2047),
>>> ("NSFormattingErrorMinimum",