environment variables for ghc

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:03:38 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:01:40AM -0800, Frederik Eaton wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 05:19:18PM -0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> > On 09 March 2005 08:29, Frederik Eaton wrote:
> >
> Oh, is that the only reason? That's a terrible reason to not have a
> feature. :) You could just write a 'ghcbug' script which includes all
> information automatically. See the output of 'perlbug -d' for example.
>
> I guess I could write a wrapper to add the options myself ... but is
> everybody supposed to do this who has a package.conf in their home
> directory, or some common set of utility modules somewhere? It seems
> like a fairly common use case that should be well-supported in a
> standard way out of the box.

I was complaing (only to myself) that rsync doesn't allow to put some
common options in ~/.rsyncrc or an environment variable. Then I simply
added an alias in my .bash_profile:

    alias rsync='rsync -v --progress'

Unfortunately, this is still something that developers would like to
know when facing a bug report :)

Best regards
Tomasz