dynamically loading the dynamic loader

André Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Wed Jun 16 02:36:11 EDT 2004

On 15/06/2004, at 8:09 PM, Simon Marlow wrote:

>>         /home/dons/lib/hs-plugins/HSplugins.o: unknown symbol `addDLL'
>>
>>   ghc-6.3: panic! (the `impossible' happened, GHC version 6.3):
>>           can't load package `plugins'
>
> Adding these symbols to the Linker's symbol table should be enough.
> I'm
> puzzled why that didn't work.  Are you sure you were linking the
> modified version of the RTS with the GHCi binary?

Hi Simon,

Looks like a user error -- I just added the extra symbols to Linker.c's
SymX table again, and this time it worked fine.  Now we've got
additional problems about re-loading packages which are already loaded
by GHCi, but that's another problem.  I suspect Don will be committing
some changes to GHC to help with that.

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save