Unregistered build (was Re: AMD64)

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Mon Jun 14 12:50:46 EDT 2004

2004-06-14T16:06:05 Simon Marlow:
> You probably don't want to install the registerised build; just use it
> to build a fresh tree:
>
>   $ ./configure
> --with-ghc=/unregisterised-build/ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace
>   $ make

Thanks, I'll give it another go. It'll be a few days before I can
get back with results (each build seems to take about a day, I've
only got 128MB of RAM). I _think_ I tried that before and ended up
getting an error, that was why I was hoping to just install the
unregistered build. But I'll take another swing at it and report the
results.

Thanks again,

-Bennett