F#

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Thu Jun 3 06:14:40 EDT 2004

In article <1086095569.2461.161.camel at JustTesting.cse.unsw.edu.au>,
 Manuel M T Chakravarty <chak at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> Generally, phrases such as "XYZ is excellent within certain niches"
> sounds like cheap propaganda to me.  If you replace Haskell by Linux, I
> am sure you'll find similar statements on other Microsoft web pages ;-)

Doubtless. I think if they're casting about for excuses not to use
Haskell, they're unlucky not to have hit on time/space issues. Anyway,
I've rewritten it for them:

    "Purely functional languages like Haskell are excellent to write
    in, but non-trivial work is involved with implementing a lazy
    language in a strict run-time environment. ..."

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA