DuplexHandle finalizer fix missing...

Keean Schupke k.schupke@imperial.ac.uk
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:01:18 +0000

Well if its any help, I have now done extensive testing on a server that
opens connections
using connectTo, and hGetContents - and without these two fixes, it
dies, with them it seems
rock solid (ie make connection, randomly break connection - repeat for
several hours, examine
sockets on server and there are no hanging sockets.) Without the
finalizer fix there will be lots
of CLOSE_WAIT write handles, without the connectTo exception-handler you
get the odd socket
of unknown type hanging about ... I have added the fixes by hand to a
source copy of 5.04.3 on the
assumption that they will (hopefully) make it into the next rev.

    Keean Schupke