ANNOUNCE: GHC vesrion 5.04.3 released

C.Reinke C.Reinke@ukc.ac.uk
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:29:06 +0000

>    ==============================================================
>     The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 5.04.3
>    ==============================================================
>
> We are pleased to announce a new patchlevel release of the Glasgow
> Haskell Compiler (GHC), version 5.04.3.  This is a bugfix-only
> release.  For all the changes since 5.02.3, see the release notes:
>

> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/release-5-04.html

Actually, I find it difficult to extract the sometimes drastic
differences between releases from that document (just one example:
does this release include last week's bugfixes in the Network
module?). How do I find out about the various bugfixes between
releases, to decide whether or not to upgrade (and whether or not
upgrading will help with specific problems)?

After all, the reason for patchlevel releases is that you've fixed
some bugs, so why be so secretive about what these fixes are?-)

Cheers,
Claus