HDirect for GHC 5.04

Paul Moore gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk
10 Aug 2002 22:51:02 +0100

Is there a version of HDirect available for GHC 5.04? Ideally a binary
distribution, but if source is available with step-by-step
instructions on building and installing it (I'm most definitely *not*
an expert in such things!), then that would do as well.

My reason for wanting this is to be able to try driving COM components
from Haskell, as described in the "Calling Hell From Heaven And Heaven
>From Hell" document. I assume HDirect is the best way of doing this?

I looked through recent posts on the list, and couldn't see any
information on this...

Thanks for any help,
Paul Moore.

PS A long while back, I played with HaskellScript. Looking at the
   site, it hasn't been updated in a long while. Is HaskellScript
   dead, and if so is there anything which covers the same
   functionality for GHC (particularly the COM libraries etc - I'm not
   that bothered about the WSH support). Or is that what HDirect
   covers?