[ghc-steering-committee] #195: Make Q (TExp a) into a newtype, rec: accept

Vitaly Bragilevsky bravit111 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 06:40:47 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Matthew Pickering proposed to make Q (TExp a) into a newtype called Code.
Proposal #195:
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/blob/22e97d7693edb0b3676c948a123e57ea93c462e3/proposals/0000-code-texp.rst
Pull request discussion:
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/195

It looks like the motivation behind this proposal boils down to the
convenience of writing instances which seems a good thing. The minor
problem I see is the proposed name "Code" as it looks a little bit too
abstract for Typed Template Haskell expressions. Nevertheless, I recommend
to accept the proposal as it is. Silence is understood as agreement.

Regards,
Vitaly