[ghc-steering-committee] Unhappy proposers

Eric Seidel eric at seidel.io
Wed Apr 17 18:00:34 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019, at 13:43, Iavor Diatchki wrote:
> On the topic of delay: to me it feels that a lot of the time when we
> have a long delay, is when there isn't a clear consensus in the
> committee about what to do---I am not sure what we can do about it.

Good point. I've noticed that as well. We get to a point where everyone has made their position fairly clear, but there's no consensus. And then things linger..

I've tried a couple times to restart the discussion with a summary of the current positions and disagreements, but that doesn't really do much to resolve the disagreements themselves.

I'm not really sure what to do in this case either. Perhaps a default response would make sense. Another option would be that when we reach an impasse, we reach out to the author and invite them to address the concerns directly.