[ghc-steering-committee] Discussion: List instances for a type in GHCi #166

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:59:30 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'd like to start the discussion about feature request #166, "List
instances for a type in GHCi".  In short, the idea is that we add a new
command to GHCi, `:instances TYPE`, which given a type, will show the list
of instances---for any class---that could be used with this type.

It seems like this could be a potentially handy thing to do, and it doesn't
really interfere with anything else, so I recommend that we accept it.

Please let me know what you think.

-Iavor