[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal: Binding existential type variables (#96)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Jun 2 18:08:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 25.03.2018, 23:23 +0100 schrieb Roman Leshchinskiy:
> The proposal is to add a way to name existential type variables in pattern matches: https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/96.

since this proposal has been proposed, we have two new related (and
partly competing) proposals (#126 and #128), had some good discussion
and there is even talk of writing a paper. In light of that, I think we
should either reject #96 in the current form, or at least bump it back
to the discussion phase until we have settled on a final form.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de