[ghc-steering-committee] Need more Trac tickets

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Jun 2 17:44:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 29.05.2018, 15:59 -0400 schrieb Richard Eisenberg:
> Ryan Scott very helpfully this morning labeled the Trac tickets that
> have grown from proposals. However, there remain a good many
> proposals without corresponding Trac tickets.
>
> I propose that we make it a shepherd's responsibility to make sure
> that a Trac ticket is created upon the acceptance of a proposal.
> Specifically: a shepherd should encourage the proposer to make the
> Trac ticket, and if this fails to happen, then for the shepherd to do
> it himself. (Why have the proposer do it? 1. To lessen the burden on
> the shepherd. 2. To subtly encourage the proposer to ponder the
> possibility of implementing.)
>
> What do we think? We'll still have to make tickets for those accepted
> proposals but with not tickets...

I am not too keen on additional red tape, and would rather leave the
process organically. If anyone, whether shepherd, proposer or anyone
else is attached enough to the proposal to create a ticket. If not,
then the proposal was probably a good but not very important idea, and
may – as far as I am concerned – stay in the “can be implemented
whenever someone feels like it” state eternally.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de