[ghc-steering-committee] Plugin recompilation avoidance

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Sun Feb 25 20:36:04 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm writing you in reference to GHC Proposal #108 [1], which introduces
a mechanism allowing plugins greater control over GHC's recompilation
behavior.

The committee is currently considering this proposal for acceptance and
while most of you have already expressed general support for the
proposal during the discussion period, we wanted to check once more with
you to ensure that no issues have gone unnoticed.

If any of you have any final thoughts regarding the proposal, do let us
know in the next few days. Otherwise we will accept the proposal as-is.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/108