[ghc-steering-committee] Wrapping up Constructor Synonyms and Pattern Synonym Signatures

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Apr 10 14:12:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

✓

> > It seems to me like the respondents so far are in favor of #42, but
> want the strongest variant. I'd like to move to accept #42 with the
> "May not differ in anything but the constraints" variant. Any
> objections?

Also good. I suggest that you phrase your final summary (which you
ideally post on the proposal discussion page) not too damning of the
other variants. Something along the lines “the committee conservatively
choose this most restricted variant to follow the principle of least
surprise, and for lack of use-cases for a more loose approach. Should
someone find a use-case for a more loose approach, a new proposal may
of course be drafted”.

Greetings,

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.dehttps://www.joachim-breitner.de/