[ANNOUNCE] GHC 9.10.1-alpha1 is now available

Jens Petersen juhpetersen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 07:09:52 UTC 2024

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 at 17:17, Jens Petersen <juhpetersen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Two smaller points:

Well I think I downplayed the second bullet too much

>    - The release should mention the minimum boot version is 9.6? (hadrian
>    also requires Cabal-3.10)
>    (because of this I can't build yet for Fedora, until I update to
>    ghc-9.6)
>
> It is actually kind of a big deal in the sense I can build ghc9.8 for all
current Fedora releases and EPEL 9 (ie for RHEL 9)
but 9.10 will only be buildable for Fedora 41 (which should be released
late 2024) ie the next next release of Fedora and on.
Well the only way would be to maybe backport Cabal-3.10 to current releases
but that is rather messy,
or find a simple workaround for setting CABAL_FLAG envvar's.

If this is the state of affairs it starts to feel more appropriate to call
this release 10.0...

Jens