Trouble with package imports

Matthías Páll Gissurarson mpg at mpg.is
Fri Feb 9 02:35:02 UTC 2024

Hey all!

I’m in the process of updating PropR from 8.10 to 9.8, which uses the GHC
API extensively. Before, I could simply add a package to DynFlags, then
setSessionDynFlags and the packages would be recognized and imported,
provided I had `cabal install --lib <package>` before.

However, after the update, it doesn’t seem to find packages, even when I
manually point the package database to one with the package in question! Is
there some additional loading that must be done? The package is picked up
in GHCi and normal compilation, but not from within `runGhc` in the API.

I’m using GHC via ghcup if that’s relevant.

Thanks for any pointers you can provide!

Best regards,
Matthías Páll Gissurarson.