Why is mixing profiling and dynamic linking unsupported?

Adam Sandberg Eriksson adam at sandbergericsson.se
Fri Feb 2 13:44:55 UTC 2024

I gathered some info about this on https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/21329, but there is also an issue where Cabal also doesn't know to build or use dyn+prof things (which caused me to give up at the time).

With just ghc I managed to get it working (also noted in the ticket), but that is outdated now since this was before hadrian.

I don't think there's any fundamental reason. I would like it to work!