GHC 9.8.1-alpha4 status

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Sep 13 19:43:49 UTC 2023

Hi all,

As noted in the 9.8.1 milestone, 9.8.1-alpha4 was slated for today.
Unfortunately, ICFP travel has taken a bit more time than I anticipated
and currently it is looking unlikely that the release will be ready
today. Moreover, there are some rather important boot library fixes which
are in the process of being merged upstream as we speak.

For this reason, I have am delaying 9.8.1-alpha4. The current schedule
is:

 * 19 Sept 2023 (next Tuesday): alpha 4
 * 27 Sept 2023 (8 days later): release candidate
 * 4  Oct  2023 (7 days later): final release

Apologies for the late notice.

Cheers,

- Ben