help migrating a tool that uses the ghc api

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Mon May 22 21:00:44 UTC 2023

Thanks Tom,

It looks like head.hackage is for maintainers to opt-in to push patches
to accomodate ghc devs. It doesn't look like it's scanning everything
and it doesn't look like it's run as part of the ghc build, although I
am just trying to gleam this from the README so I could be wrong.

The discourse link, and the plan to publish snapshots of the compiler,
looks awesome. I'll be following along. I could then compile my code
weekly or monthly to try and catch breakages much closer to the time of
the change. I'm sure the gitlab CI could be setup to do this
automatically, although that may require some investigation. That would
help mitigate my fear that the API changes in a way that I can't recover
from.