GHC 9.8 release status

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Jul 26 01:24:08 UTC 2023

Hi all,

As you may have noticed, the GHC 9.8 alpha series is a bit behind the
expected schedule due to an unfortunate constellation of CI issues,
bugs, and backports. I am currently trying to get a set of releasable
artifacts through CI although things are somewhat stalled until we find
a way forward in resolving ghc/ci-config#6 [1], caused by a regression
in Docker.

My hope is that we can have a set of release artifacts by Thursday. When
this happens I will make any necessary amendments to the release
schedule [2] to account for this delay.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

- Ben