New spurious failure bot is running on GitLab

Bryan Richter bryan at haskell.foundation
Thu Jul 13 13:01:42 UTC 2023

Today I've deployed a new version of my retry service. I think I've worked
out most of the kinks, so I'm going to leave it running overnight and see
how it goes.

In the worst case, it might crash and die, in which case spurious failures
will not get retried until I come back and fix it tomorrow morning, Europe
time.

In the best case, the service will just keep doing what the old one did,
with two improvements:

1. If the same job keeps failing, it will give up retries.
2. If sending a retry command to GitLab itself fails, those will also be
retried a few times.

-Bryan

"Who retries the retryer?" - Juvenal, probably