I can't build HEAD

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 20:52:39 UTC 2023

> Upgrade your bootstrap compiler to >= 9.4. We have now bumped HEAD's
> version to 9.8, which means that 9.4 is the earliest possible bootstrap
> compiler (which `text` now takes advantage of, as you see here). I have

Aha.  I'll do that.

You have to admit, the error message is not helpful :-).  A suggestion for
the future: when bumping the minimum bootstrap compiler, it would be
possible (in the same commit) to fix configure to complain about too-early
versions?

Anyway I'm now building with 9.6, and doubtless that will be fine.  Thanks.

Simon