Getting all variables in scope in CoreM

Rodrigo Mesquita rodrigo.m.mesquita at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 10:02:27 UTC 2023

Dear GHC devs,

I’m trying to invoke the GHC.Core.Lint linting functions from a Core GHC plugin.
These functions take a LintConfig that can m <>ostly be constructed from DynFlags, <>
the exception being <>

 <>
	l_vars :: ![Var] — ^ Ids that should be treated as being in scope

My question is then “How can I get all variables in scope in the module underlying this CoreM computation, to pass in the LintConfig?”.

My ultimate goal is to run LintM to determine the usage environment of a given core expression.
In that sense, the “Id out of scope” errors aren’t that important to me, but they do make the linting action fail.

Thanks in advance!
Rodrigo