does llvm 16 work with ghc 9.6.1 ?

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 13:54:41 UTC 2023

Thanks Moritz. I went ahead and tried it. On a very simple smoke test I
observed that "-fllvm works" but "-O2 -fllvm" does not. It fails with
"Cannot use -O# with legacy PM.". There is already a bug for changing ghc
to work with the new pass manager. It wasn't clear to me that this would be
needed for llvm 16. It seems that it is.

Cheers
George