Problem building GHC

Solomon Bothwell ssbothwell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 06:50:12 UTC 2021

Hi. I'm a Haskell developer and I have recently started exploring and
building GHC, mainly with the hope of writing some small MRs for base.

I use nixos and ghc.nix to setup a build environment. Last week I was able
to build `ghc-8.10.7-release` with no trouble. I'm not sure what may have
happened but I am unable to build either `ghc-8-10.7-release` or `master`
this week. I tried deleting my fork and creating a new one but am getting
the same results.

For `master` I get this error:
https://gist.github.com/ssbothwell/9693a919c521decf52503e9152b879b6
For `ghc-8.10.7-release` I get this error:
https://gist.github.com/ssbothwell/fb5c418b4ee509cf0ad95d4337381e9e

I hope this is the right venue to be asking for help on this. Would it be
better for me to write an issue on the ghc.nix github page?

Thanks,
Solomon.