Perf notes

David Eichmann davide at well-typed.com
Sat Jun 27 19:38:38 UTC 2020

> I thought that wasn’t possible.  Isn’t  that what CI is **for**?

Yes we run CI on MRs, but once merged into master CI is run again. It's
only those metrics from CI on master (post merge) that are ultimately
uploaded / used as a baseline.

Re the doubling of bytes-allocated on T9803, that's a good point. Due to
the recent change in RSA keys, CI is recently failing to upload metrics
(e.g. [1])! I'll fix that then see if I can track down where / if the
metric has really regressed in master.

[1] "|fatal: Could not read from remote repository." |
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/jobs/378487

--

David Eichmann, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, http://www.well-typed.com

Registered in England & Wales, OC335890
118 Wymering Mansions, Wymering Road, London W9 2NF, England