GitLab status

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Mon Jun 22 17:12:04 UTC 2020

Ryan Scott <ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com> writes:

> Just as an FYI, there appears to be some data loss from this migration. For
> example, I pushed a commit to !3536 [1] that appears to have been dropped,
> leading to confusion here [2]. To make things worse, I never received an
> e-mail notification for this comment—I only discovered it by chance.
>
> I also opened an issue about FUN, but that appears to have been lost. I
> could try to resubmit it, but perhaps the data still exists somewhere on
> servers somewhere?

The machine was supposed to be unreachable for the duration of the
migration. Unfortunately, it appears there was a roughly three-hour-long
window where this was not true. I have manually migrated the data that
introduced within this window to the new instance. Many apologies for the
inconvenience.

Otherwise, things should at this point be back to normal. I'm now going
to do a sweep of open MRs and restart CI on those which have failed.

Also, do note that you will find that gitlab.haskell.org has a new SSH
host key. You will need to invalidate the existing host key entry in
~/.ssh/known_hosts.

Cheers,

- Ben