[ghc-lib] internal error after removal of integer-simple

Shayne Fletcher shayne.fletcher at daml.com
Fri Jun 19 21:55:01 UTC 2020

With the recent MR that removes integer-simple in favor of ghc-bignum, I
find that I get a runtime failure when I try to use ghc-lib to generate
core:
```
# Running: stack     --no-terminal exec -- mini-compile
examples/mini-compile/test/MiniCompileTest.hs

examples/mini-compile/test/MiniCompileTest.hs:66:5: error:
    * GHC internal error: `One' is not in scope during type checking, but
it passed the renamer
      tcl_env of environment: [628 :-> ATcTyCon TrName :: *,
                               62b :-> APromotionErr RecDataConPE,
                               62e :-> APromotionErr RecDataConPE]
    * In the definition of data constructor `TrNameS'
      In the data declaration for `TrName'

66 |   = TrNameS Addr#  -- Static
   |     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
mini-compile: GHC internal error: `One' is not in scope during type
checking, but it passed the renamer
tcl_env of environment: [628 :-> ATcTyCon TrName :: *,
                         62b :-> APromotionErr RecDataConPE,
                         62e :-> APromotionErr RecDataConPE]
```

Anyone have any pointers on what is going wrong and what I should be
looking at?

--
*Shayne Fletcher*
Language Engineer */* +1 917 699 7663

--
This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only,
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary