Evac.c

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Jun 11 16:49:41 UTC 2020

Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <ghc-devs at haskell.org> writes:

> I'm getting this in HEAD.  Should I worry?  It says "error"!
> Simon

Indeed we probably ought to fix the error message handling here. The
claim that this is an "error" is from GHC, which parses GCC's error
output. You see, however, that GCC is merely giving us a warning.

Regardless, the issue itself is non-critical. It's merely telling us
that we asked for a function to be inlined yet GCC felt it wouldn't be
wise to do so. This usually happens in the debug runtime due to
additional assertion code. It's safe to ignore.

Cheers,

- Ben