git.haskell.org is broken

Shayne Fletcher shayne.fletcher at digitalasset.com
Fri Mar 8 04:39:43 UTC 2019

Hi Ben,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 7:44 PM Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:

> Shayne Fletcher via ghc-devs <ghc-devs at haskell.org> writes:
>
> > As of today,
> >   git clone git://git.haskell.org/ghc.git --recursive
> > is failing with,
> >   error: Server does not allow request for unadvertised object
> > 94855814e2e4f7a0f191ffa5b4c98ee0147e3174
> >   Fetched in submodule path 'libraries/binary', but it did not contain
> > 94855814e2e4f7a0f191ffa5b4c98ee0147e3174. Direct fetching of that commit
> > failed.
> >
> Yes, we are currently in the process of decommissioning git.haskell.org.
> The official upstream repository is now
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc.

Got it! Thanks for the update.

One little problem that's causing is `git checkout
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc`  on Travis, linux config, seems to fail
(appears to be a known issue). Travis macos and Appveyor work fine.

> This will all become clearer after Saturday when we finish the migration
> and can start updating the documentation to reflect the new state of the
> world.

Awesome. Thanks again.

--
This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only,
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary