Tracking issues for GHC proposals?

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 12:40:05 UTC 2019

Hi all,

It's currently quite hard to see progress of proposals. For example, I'm looking
at the "small primitives" proposal [1]. After some digging I can see that it's
mostly (if not completely) implemented [2, 3], but finding all this takes time.

I think it'd make sense to create a tracking issue when a proposal is accepted,
on GHC's Gitlab, and link to it from the proposal. All related MRs and issues
would then be linked from the tracking issue, making seeing progress easier. How
does that sound?

Ömer

[1]: https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/blob/master/proposals/0014-small-primitives.rst
[2]: https://phabricator.haskell.org/D5006