MR does not merge

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Fri Jan 18 15:41:58 UTC 2019

Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <ghc-devs at haskell.org> writes:

> |  Indeed this is a known issue that I have been working [1] with upstream
> |  to resolve.
>
> Thanks. I'm not equipped to express a well-informed opinion about what
> the best thing to do is. But in the meantime I WOULD be grateful for
> explicit workflow advice. Specifically:
>
> * What steps should I take to get a patch committed to master,
>   assuming I've done the review stuff and want to press "go"?

At the moment it's largely just a matter of when a bulk merge happens; I
did a large merge on Wednesday and another yesterday.

However, as Matthew suggested I think it may make sense to try using
Marge bot to eliminate this manual process with little cost. It doesn't
take particularly long to put together a bulk merge but it does require
some form of human intervention which generally implies latency.

Cheers,

- Ben