slow execution of built executables on a Mac

Eric Seidel eric at seidel.io
Fri Oct 26 21:30:13 UTC 2018

rts_dist_HC is where it builds the various versions of the RTS, right? I noticed a similar slowness building the RTS at ICFP on my MacBook Pro (macOS 10.12). I don't think my battery lasted long enough to get to stage 2.

I'm afraid I don't have any clue why it's gotten so slow, but you're not alone! I did notice that it seems to build many more variants of the RTS than before, but I haven't tried to build GHC in a long time.