Phab: conditional approval

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 20:30:43 UTC 2017

On 19 August 2017 at 03:56, Richard Eisenberg <rae at cs.brynmawr.edu> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> When reviewing a diff on Phab, I can "accept" or "request changes".
> Sometimes, though, I want to do both: I suggest very minor (e.g., typo)
> changes, but then when these changes are made, I accept. I'm leery of
> making the suggestions and saying "accept", because then someone working
> quickly may merge without noticing the typos. Does Phab have such an option?

"Accept with nits" is standard practice, but you're right it can go wrong
when someone else is merging accepted diffs.  We could adopt a standard
comment keyword, e.g. "NITS" that indicates you'd like the nits to be fixed
before committing, perhaps?

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to merge commits when the author is a
committer, they can land themselves.

Cheers
Simon