Non-wip/* branches

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Feb 10 21:01:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

> facundominguez added a comment.
>
> @nomeata please, could you remove the branches fd/fix-travis and
> fd/fix-travis2? Some server hook is preventing me from doing so.

turns out I cannot do that either (which I knew). From experience, I
know that I can create, force-push and delete branches of the form
wip/*, but can only create and fast-forward-push to branches that are
not of this form.

This is mostly sensible, but it means that I cannot undo an accidental
branch creation outside the wip/* branch.

Ben, can you delete the two mentioned branches?

And more general, would it make sense to prevent common footfolk like
me form creating branches outside the wip/* namespace? This ensures
that I can always clean up a mess I make. I can still ask some of the
super admins, like you, should I for some reason require a branch
outside the wip/* namespace.

Greetings,
Joachim

--