Could we promote unlifted tuples?

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 21 20:53:59 UTC 2016

You have made an invalid assumption that there exists a semantics for type-level reduction in Haskell. There doesn't. Without such a well-defined evaluation order, it's hard to talk about lifted kinds vs. unlifted kinds.

Perhaps another way of slicing this exists, though. Does #7259 (https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7259) solve your problem? I think so. Unfortunately, I've listed that as "Rocket Science" on my list of tickets that I'm interested in.

Richard