Constrained Type Families?

Evan Austin e.c.austin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:54:05 UTC 2016

I unfortunately don’t have the exact code I was working on in front of me, but I was playing around with the -XTypeInType extension to see if I could use it to implement some notion of sub-kinding to start doing “Data Types a la Carte” style things at the type level.

Constrained type families seemed like the most natural way to “promote” those concepts, but maybe there’s a more obvious way I’m missing.

I’d be happy to send you a follow up email tomorrow when I’m back at the office if you think this would be a good motivating use case for the feature.

V/r,

-Evan