[ANNOUNCE] Shaking up GHC

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 17:21:42 UTC 2016

On 23 January 2016 at 18:16, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:

> On 2016-01-23 at 17:58:12 +0100, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > My suggestion, and what I'd expect, is to make Shake part of GHC's
> > included lib, just like process or xhtml.
>
> please don't; the only reason we include process and xhtml because
> we *have* to. The less we *have* to bundle, the better.

If there's a good way in 8.x (with new Cabal and Shake) to avoid
bundling, while using Shake for ghc --make, then I'm all for it. My
concern is that it has to be as simple as it's currently to install
ghc on a random Linux distro, in order for someone to use a Shakefile.
I want more Shakefile users :).