Trac commit notifications on stable branches

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Aug 25 23:06:17 UTC 2016

Matthew Pickering <matthewtpickering at gmail.com> writes:

> I did notice today that I received a lot of emails as you were merging
> patches to the stable branch.

Well, the email volume was no different from my usual merge practices
since I typically leave comments of the sort that the Trac hook produces
manually. The only difference is this time they were automatically
produced. Unfortunately, the Trac notification messages don't mention
which branch the commit is on unlike the messages I typically leave
manually. I'm evaluating options for fixing this.

If it seemed like there was a lot of messages today that is merely
because I was doing a lot of cleanup on the ghc-8.0 branch today.

Cheers,

- Ben