GHC and LLVM

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Thu Oct 15 10:23:40 UTC 2015

Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:

> That sounds great. Can your Jenkins instance maybe also push
> the reports to one of the GHC lists, so everybody can see what
> the state of play is?

Well currently the report log is 7Meg and I'm sure everyone would
appreciate it if I kept those to myself.

Currently the state of play can be seen from the patches listed
here:

    https://github.com/erikd/ghc-llvm-next/tree/master/patches

These are the patches that currently need to be applied to GHC
git HEAD to build it against LLVM git head.

The first, 00-configure-3.8.patch switches GHC from using LLVM
3.7 to using 3.8.

The second, 01-bitcast.patch is needed because the syntax of
the bitcast operation has changed in some situations.

The number of tests failing with this setup is the same as the
number failing with GHC git head compiled against the 3.7 (and
3.6) release of LLVM.

Cheers,
Erik