Non-deterministic package IDs are really bad in 7.10

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue May 19 07:33:59 UTC 2015

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 19.05.2015, 07:27 +0100 schrieb Mateusz Kowalczyk:
> On 05/19/2015 06:46 AM, Daniel Peebles wrote:
> > Don't Nix builds all happen in a randomly generated temporary directory by
> > default? Then you just copy to $out in installPhase. Perhaps stabilizing
> > the build directory would help alleviate some of the immediate problems, if
> > what Joachim is describing affects us too.
>
> Oh, I was far too hasty in reading the bug on the Debian tracker. Yes, I
> suppose this could be a problem for us though I'd like to see it first
> before trying to work around it.

it’s easy to check: Just run
$ ghc --show-iface /usr/lib/ghc/base-4.7.0.2/System/Info.hi|grep Dep
addDependentFile "/build/ghc-LIQtDg/ghc-7.8.4/includes/ghcplatform.h"
addDependentFile "libraries/base/dist-install/build/autogen/cabal_macros.h"
addDependentFile "/usr/include/stdc-predef.h"

If you see the build path appearing there, you are affected by the bug.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner