DocBook to AsciiDoc

Daniel Bergey bergey at teallabs.org
Wed Apr 15 19:50:36 UTC 2015

I just read that GHC wants to convert the manual to asciidoc.  If no one
else has yet volunteered to do this, I hearby volunteer myself.

I haven't contributed to the GHC manual before, nor to GHC.  I guess
that I will need to learn my way around Phabricator?  I expect to be
proof-reading sections that I haven't read before, about GHC features I
don't use.  I don't expect this to be a problem, since the goal is just
to match the current HTML output.  I do have some experience with
DocBook, Asciidoc, and Pandoc, which should be helpful.

Is there anything I should convert that isn't in under the users_guide
folder?[1]

It looks as though the users guide gets frequent commits.[2] Does one
`arc diff` per file, approximately, sound reasonable, to keep merge
conflicts manageable?

Anything else I should know before I begin?  Who to list as reviewers?
A Trac ticket to link all the asciidoc commits together?

Thanks,
Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git.haskell.org/ghc.git/tree/HEAD:/docs/users_guide