Again: Uniques in GHC

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Tue Oct 7 16:44:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Austin Seipp <austin at well-typed.com> wrote:
> I still consider this a big limitation, one which is only due to an
> implementation detail.

To make this point more clear: I'm generally hesitant about basing the
availability of architecture-independent features ('ghc supporting
-j', which almost entirely was fixed in the frontend compiler
pipeline) on platform details, or the underlying hardware or execution
model GHC runs on. Unless the changes are very significant (like, -j
gets significantly faster), I think we should be very hesitant about
gating frontend features behind architectural/implementation details.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant