Tentative high-level plans for 7.10.1

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 03:51:44 UTC 2014

Austin Seipp <austin at well-typed.com> writes:

snip.

> We do not believe we will ship a 7.8.4 at all, contrary to what you
> may have seen on Trac - we never decided definitively, but there is
> likely not enough time. Over the next few days, I will remove the
> defunct 7.8.4 milestone, and re-triage the assigned tickets.

The only potential issue here is that not a single 7.8 release will be
able to bootstrap LLVM-only targets due to #9439. I'm not sure how much
of an issue this will be in practice but there should probably be some
discussion with packagers to ensure that 7.8 is skipped on affected
platforms lest users be stuck with no functional stage 0 compiler.

Cheers,

- Ben