Windows breakage

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 17:56:20 UTC 2014

David recently added a new -Wall flag for Trustworthiness.

The reasoning is if it is in -Wall, it can actually get seen and will be
used by folks to improve more things from 'Trustworthy' to 'Safe'. After
all, everything that is merely `Trustworthy` needs to live in the trusted
computing base.

The status quo is that you pretty much have no way to know what you _don't_
need Trustworthy on, and efforts in the past to take large libraries and
convert them to SafeHaskell have been fraught with long rebuild cycles,
because the only way to see was to build, haddock, and look.

What you are running when you go to _fix_ the error appears to be an actual
bug in the safety inference code, though, and definitely needs to be looked
at.

It probably does belong in -Wall in the long term, and -Werror is
notoriously fickle, but we should look at what is causing it to go wrong
here and do a bit more due diligence.

-Edward