Can't compile GHC-7.8.3 from git, fails on haskell98 library

Dr. ERDI Gergo gergo at erdi.hu
Sun Nov 2 13:29:06 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014, Dr. ERDI Gergo wrote:

> On a completely clean clone, I've checked out the tag ghc-7.8.3-release, ran
> sync-all get, boot, and configure, but the build fails on haskell98. Any
> ideas what I could be doing wrong?

I've worked around this by manually checking out the 'ghc-7.8' branch of
various submodules until I got it to work (I think the ones I needed to
change were dph, haskell98, haskell2010, template-haskell, and haddock,
but I'm not sure). It seems the `ghc-7.8.3-release` tag is in a horrible
shape in terms of reproducable building of imported repos. Is anyone
looking into fixing this?

Bye,
 	Gergo