Related to #8677, I'm getting "p_dyn" libraries for package ‘integer-gmp’

Rob Stewart robstewart57 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 07:03:54 UTC 2014

HI,

I'm getting hit by an issue relating to tick 8677

I'm sure the problem I'm facing is a user error, though I'm not sure
how to resolve it. I'm compiling with `-Odph -rtsopts -threaded
-fno-liberate-case -funfolding-use-threshold1000
-funfolding-keeness-factor1000 -fllvm -optlo-O3 -prof -auto-all`

Top level:
    Failed to load interface for ‘GHC.Integer.Type’
    Perhaps you haven't installed the "p_dyn" libraries for package
‘integer-gmp’?
    Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
ripl-frontend-0.0.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure

>From reading the ticket details, I see that  I probably should not be
using -dynamic-too. But how do I enforce this? I'm not using this flag
(see above). Moreover my ~/.cabal/config files includes the following:

library-profiling: False
executable-dynamic: False
executable-profiling: False

What else am I to do?