pushing to haddock

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 6 11:47:03 UTC 2014

I'm trying desperately to follow the instructions on https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/WorkingConventions/Git/Submodules for how to update haddock to follow a small change to GHC.
I've checked out the haddock master, made my patch, and want to push to haddock. But my push is rejected for an inscrutable reason:

git status

# On branch master

# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.

#

nothing to commit (working directory clean)

simonpj at cam-05-unx:~/code/HEAD-2/utils/haddock$ git push

Counting objects: 9, done.

Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.

Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 470 bytes, done.

Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)

remote: W refs/heads/master haddock simonpj DENIED by refs/.*

remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master

To ssh://git@ghc.haskell.org/haddock.git

! [remote rejected] HEAD -> master (hook declined)

error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git@ghc.haskell.org/haddock.git'

simonpj at cam-05-unx:~/code/HEAD-2/utils/haddock$
What do I do now?
Presumably once that's done I include the change to utils/haddock in my patch to HEAD, correct?
Getting to Haddock HEAD added 12 new patches on the haddock branch so I suppose they'll be included too. I don't know whether that is good or bad.
help!